Vancouver Drum Lessons
What are some specific ways I can help you develop as a drummer?
- Information on buying the right drum kit – acoustic drums vs. midi drums
- Learn how to tune your drums
- Learn basic rudiments – single stroke, double stroke rolls, paradiddles, cymbal swells, etc..
- Learn your favourite drum riffs
- Learn how to read and write traditional drum notation or tab
- Weekly speed and agility exercises
- Introduce you to brush work
- Develop a better understanding of rhythm and how to use drum fills effectively
- Metronome exercises to improve overall timing and feel
- Give you the basics on songwriting so you can contribute ideas to your band!
- Record and produce your songs
- Video recordings of each lesson for reference at home
- Prepare you for upcoming music exams, and college entrance exams
- Give you a basic understanding of music theory to help you communicate with the rest of your band
- Develop your single, double stroke rolls and paradiddles
- Advanced brush techniques
- Double bass techniques
- Work on your ear training and learning to play songs by ear
- Develop your sight reading ability
- Learn how to play in odd time signatures and with polyrhythm’s
- Develop your drum solos and improvising
- Percussion techniques
- Pro Tools, Logic or music producing, arranging, composing, writing and stage performance.